Breaking News
recent

Sterling Steering Out of Anfield?

Article by Red Phil



If Raheem Sterling is selling his house in Southport, a lovely place, then I think that might just be the hint that Brendan Rodgers needs to make him accept that, unless things change dramatically, what you see when you look at Raheem Sterling, from a Liverpool point of view, is a great big pile of cash that can soon be spent on bringing new players into the club.

We’ve got to accept reality and that reality, this season, is that we need the spending spree to end all spending sprees! I want us to get rid of the policy of getting young players in who might one day, like Raheem Sterling, give Liverpool a big profit if we sell them on. Potential is one thing but, at the moment, we need players who can do it NOW, when it matters, as another season looking upwards at the ‘usual suspects’ is too horrendous to even contemplate.

A world-class centre-back, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder capable of actually creating something and a striker of mind-altering brilliance are our minimum targets this year so not only might Sterling have to go, other players will need to be moved on AND we also need a solid-looking war chest from the owners to get us anywhere near having the funds to get what must be got!

In a couple of games I’m going to be sending in my views on the season as a whole and, as you can guess, it ain’t gonna be pretty! In the meantime, I’m watching the press and various web-sites for any worthwhile clues as to possible Liverpool transfer activity but, so far, my hopes have been dashed on the rocks of transfer inactivity, on the surface at least!

To all of the morons, imbeciles and dullards who comment inanely about the rumours and tittle-tattle on the web-sites and in the press being about as likely to happen as me hurling myself down the wing at Anfield before cutting inside to plant a beautiful curling shot beyond Arsenal’s, United’s or Chelsea’s keeper’s fingertips, for my hat-trick . . . I know, I already know it . . . but it’s better than not thinking and talking about it, is it not? Lighten up, boys, and enjoy your time above us as, hopefully, it won’t last forever! United have a great deal in common with us, success-wise, and I begrudgingly respect them for it but when the Pensioners or Gunners can match eighteen titles, five European Cup/Champions League wins, three UEFA cup wins, eight FA cup wins, three UEFA Super Cup wins and seven League Cup wins I will take the arrogance of their supporters seriously . . . or maybe not as arrogance, especially with a moronic anti-Liverpool twist, isn’t a trait I like in people!

Back to my hopes and dreams . . . I’d imagine that any central defender would have to come from abroad as none from home spring to mind. In midfield I still like the look of Sissoko from Newcastle and Kovacic of Inter – who I know very little about, I must accept - is often spoken of as being a worthy successor to Gerrard – even though nobody on the planet could replace him on a one-for-one basis – so let’s see what happens on those fronts. As I’m the only one ever mentioning Sissoko I’m not getting too excited on the likelihood of that coming about!

Up front, people keep talking about Jackson Martinez of Porto, Benteke of Villa, somebody called Immobile of Dortmund (how could we ever get somebody with a name like that when we want him to be VERY mobile) and another couple of people regularly mooted are potential signings, I suppose, but, again, I like the idea of getting that Vietto of Villarreal who is a young player but one with IMMENSE promise. Sound stupid but, only a few sentences after saying we need to get experienced players, I also want us to get that Patrick Roberts of Fulham who, by all accounts, is perhaps the best young player in the country for his age. He’s a Liverpool nut, his parents live in Liverpool (they must have been good, very good, in a previous life!) so what is not to like about that sort of a deal?

Let’s see what happens . . 

RED PHIL

© e-Football 2015 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.