Breaking News
recent

Norwich City - Player of the Season

Article by e-Norwich City Correspondent Mik Hancock

Follow e-Norwich City on Twitter here!

All around the football world, the question that raises its ugly head around this time of the year is ‘Player of The Season’. With some teams and leagues the result in not in question. Luis Suarez must be a shoe-in for the honours at Anfield and nationally, but who to vote for at Carrow Road?

Doubtless voting slips will start being available from tomorrow, but who’s is going to get my little ‘x’?

The defence and goalkeeper have (for The Canaries) kept a record number of clean sheets in the premiership this season. To balance this, you can look at the goals conceded in the other games and generally silly lapses here and there. Alas, the bad outweighs the good. No vote from me.

The midfield is supposedly the engine room of the team, linking the defence to the attack. As was apparent last Saturday, the Norwich City engine room has at times been on par with the horsepower of an old Citroen 2cv. Not for me.


The attackers score the goals that keep you in the league and generally win all the plaudits from the fans and press alike. However, the paltry 26 goals in 32 games this season means that Norwich City’s front line has been as toothless as my granny. Actually, my granny could have scored some of the chances The Canaries have missed. So again, no vote from me.

So I’m running out of options, but where my vote is going is a no-brainer. Yes, I’m voting for Luciano Becchio. I know he’s played a total of less than half a game this season, warming the bench game in game out. That’s my kind of player, can’t be blamed for any of the mishaps on the field and had the temerity to question Chris Hughton in November about why he wasn’t being used.

So, if you want to show the Norwich City board what you really think about this season, I’d like to urge all you true Canary fans to vote the same way as me.

© e-Football 2014 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.