Breaking News
recent

Holy Sunday For Norwich!

Article by e-Norwich City Correspondent Mik Hancock

Follow e-Norwich on Twitter!

No matter what, I just can’t get it into my head what it is with some of these crazy kick-off times. I guess you’d call me a traditionalist, but I hate kick-off times that are dictated by broadcasters and football teams chasing the big buck. Bring back Saturdays at 3pm for all (or as when I start standing on the terrace, 7:30pm Friday at Roots Hall).

This weekend for example, Norwich City vs Liverpool at 12 noon on Sunday. Not just Sunday at 12 noon, but Easter Sunday at 12 noon. Please, isn’t this supposedly one of the holiest of holy days? A day when supermarkets even cease trading by law! The day Christians revere as that of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Which leads me to my thinking, which team will be resurrected this Sunday? In the bottom of my heart the hope is that Norwich City will take a giant step forward from last Saturdays committed but ultimately unrewarding performance at Craven Cottage and maybe, just maybe they will come away with at least a point against the Scousers and the hope of another season in the Holy Land of the Premier League.

But my head tells me Liverpool to win and I admit that right from the start of the season I have believed that the Reds would be champions this year, with the premier League trophy returning to the South of Stanley Park for the first time in 24 years.

At the end of the day, all I ask is that the game is played in a true Christian spirit and that Andre Marriner does not have any of his ‘blips’ and end up with Easter Egg all over his face. No soft penalties, no incorrect sending off's and let all the players enjoy the game without becoming hot cross bunnies!

© e-Football 2014 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.