Breaking News
recent

Divine Intervention for Norwich

Article by e-Norwich Correspondent Mik Hancock

I’ll admit I’ve been struggling to write something this week. Call it writer’s block, call it fatigue, I’m not certain what it is, but as I considered asking for divine intervention to help me with the task at hand, it suddenly struck me, Divine Intervention, Norwich City could do with just a little bit of that.

With just three games to go and the Premier league relegation battle far from settled it appears The Canaries need assistance not only from the match day officials, but also a higher authority (and I don’t mean the F.A.).

Whilst it would appear that any team from 12th place down can still be relegated, I think it will be one of the current bottom five, maybe bottom six if Aston Villa cannot sort out their internal problems.

That Norwich City have the worst run-in is not in doubt, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal are the sort of fixtures every fan wants to see, but not at the business end of the season and the drop is staring you in the face.

So what kind of intervention would I like? Well, a penalty would be nice, but failing that perhaps Ricky Van Wolfswinkel can exorcise his ghosts and come up the saviour with a goal or two. A hand of God goal somewhere along the lines would not go amiss.

Failing this, it would be nice to see Manchester United totally confused by the tactics of their new interim coaches. Liverpool to have won the Premier League title, meaning Chelsea field their youth team (resting their stars for the Champions League final) allowing The Canaries a repeat of last year’s F.A.Youth Cup Final victory or Arsenal not having to chase the fourth spot in the league and coming to Carrow Road in holiday mood.

I’m not leaving anything to chance though. I will be on my knees with the best of them for the next couple of weeks praying that the mighty yellow and greens somehow pull through.

© e-Football 2014 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.