Breaking News
recent

Unconditionally United

Article by e-Manchester United Correspondent Noel Hutchinson

Follow e-Manchester United on Twitter here!

So why do you support Manchester United?

Is it because your best mate at school had a Liverpool top so you chose United?

Maybe you went mad for Manchester’s Happy Mondays and the football followed?

You could just be a lover of beautiful, swaggering, devil may care football and chose United for that reason.

Incidentally, I don’t care where United fans are from, football is an art-form and you don’t need to be Dutch to love Van Gogh in my opinion.

But maybe you do indeed come from Manchester and from a family of Reds, leaving you no choice whatsoever as to which club you support.

I am a fourth generation United fan. My Dad didn’t miss one game Best played for us, his Dad was a St John’s Ambulance man on match day at Old Trafford for many years, after collecting money door to door as a boy to save United from going bust with his Dad- who worked as a blacksmith in Newton Heath railway yard in the early 1870’s.

We are not religious people, so for me and my family United have been the one constant other than our genes that binds me to my great Grandad and him to my two Daughters.

Manchester United is an honorary member of our family.

And I have unconditional love and support for every member of my family. Through good or ill, through their mistakes and through their accomplishments I have and will to my dying day be there to support them. Not to judge, to criticise, to belittle. Not to threaten to walk away when the going gets tough. Not to always know better and to tut at every little error that I think proves my point.

This unconditional support I give to my family I give to everybody at Manchester United who work for their success. From Albert to Woodward, from Fred to David Moyes I love them all.

Do you?

© e-Football 2014 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.