Breaking News
recent

Interview with a Leeds fan: 26/10/13

Article by Leeds Correspondent Connor Law

In the 2nd in the series of interviews with Leeds United fanatics, we catch up with Leeds supporter Nicholas Raine to find out about his love for the mighty whites.

How long have you supported Leeds United?

I’ve been a Leeds United fan for as long as I remember, was born in Leeds however brought up in Lincolnshire, my family have always been Leeds fans so I followed the trend.

What was the first ever Leeds United game you attended?

As far as I remember it was the Leeds v Celtic Gary Kelly Testimonial.

Follow e-Leeds United on Twitter www.twitter.com/e_LeedsUnited
Follow e-Football on Twitter www.twitter.com/e_footballnet

Favourite memory as a Leeds fan?

If I’m really thinking back when I was really young, it would have been the 4-3 Leeds v Liverpool when Viduka scored 4 goals, seeing Viduka at the time was fantastic and is still a game I continue to re-watch. However in recent years, it has to be the 0-1 win at Man United on Jan 3rd 2010.

Worst memory?

Again thinking back, it was getting relegated in the 03/04 season, however in recent years it was the selling of Howson, felt really let down by the club for selling one of our loved home grown talent, which it can be said for many others over the years.

Favourite all-time Leeds player?

Lucas Radebe.

What is your view on how the season is shaping up?

Hard to say, slightly mixed so far. I was expecting a lot for this season and felt disappointed once our form dipped past the Reading game, it made me realise the squad we currently have isn't as solid as I thought it could be under McDermott, however I believe Leeds are regaining the positive vibes for both the fans and the players, with a couple of more players believed to come in soon and the fantastic display against Birmingham on Sunday, I believe we could hit some good form and push us up the table. So currently I believe the season might just start to shape up nicely.

What are your views on the manager and owners?

I am a fan of Brian McDermott and what he has brought to Leeds so far, since he was appointed he has given the fans a new breath of fresh air, Leeds have been playing a good style of football and I believe things will only get better and I believe he has hit the nail on the head with the 3-5-2 formation. Overall I honestly believe Brian is the man to take us up. With regards to GFH, I honestly believe they only want the best for the fans, I do still question as to how Leeds hasn't been bought by a owner with millions to spend on players and the club, however GFH has made it evident that this isn't always the right way to go about business and going on Leeds past, GFH are doing the right thing in my mind, I believe that given time they will bring in the right investors and financially we will be prepared to stay in the Premier League once we get back there.

Finally, when do you think we'll be back into the premier league?

My heart says we can still make it there this season if we go on a run of results, however my head says realistically we may have to wait till next season. However I would still like to see Leeds have a good go at it this season.

e-Football would like to thank Nicholas Raine for taking the time to talk to us!

© e-Football 2013 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.