Breaking News
recent

Champions League: who's your money on?

Article by Chelsea correspondent John Hannam

So here we are, halfway through the Champions league stages and the teams are starting to show some form and we can (maybe) see who might be around when it comes to the crunch stages.

Of the British teams it looks like City will for the first time make it beyond the group stages, and given the talent in their squad could easily kick on from there.

Utd by contrast look unconvincing. They will qualify, but it is an easy group they are in. Yet despite that they have struggled and I believe are likely to fall as soon as they face a good side.


Follow e-Football on Twitter www.twitter.com/e_footballnet

Arsenal have been cursed with a killer group. Last years finalists Dortmund still look formidable whilst Napoli due to some astute buys and the renaissance of Benitez have become a very good side. The group is completely open but I think Arsenal have enough to squeeze through.

As for my side Chelsea, after the awful start of a home defeat they seem to have found their stride and should qualify as group winners, especially now that their strikers in Torres and Eto'o have started to find the net.

Personally I don't think any of the English sides can or will win it, although I didn't think that when Chelsea took glory two years ago so what do I know. I think City, Arsenal and Chelsea should all reach the quarter finals and one if them may go even deeper into the tournament, maybe even a final if they get a kind draw.

However I think other teams are stronger. My two favourites are Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, slightly ahead of Barca who are not the side they were. Of these I just can't see beyond Bayern. They are an awesome side and I simply can't see them being beaten over two legs, only in a one off game in the final could they possibly stumble. My two outside tips? Athletico Madrid and PSG. Athletico are an unheralded but highly efficient side putting together a fantastic season already. As for PSG, they have spent heavily and with the simply stunning Ibrahimovic up front backed up by Cavani they will frighten anyone.
Winners: Bayern
Runners up: PSG


© e-Football 2013 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.