Breaking News
recent

A-League Player Profiles - Dario Vidosic, Adelaide United.

Follow E-Football on Twitter Here!
 
Article by E-Football A-League Correspondent Stivie Krstanoski
 
This week I caught up with Dario Vidosic for an exclusive E-Football interview. The Adelaide United playmaker was on tour with The Socceroos, but we managed to squeeze in an interview and get some insight for you all on Dario's career, life outside of football and mainly a preview for the upcoming season.
 
The attacking midfielder managed to finish the 2012/2013 season with 10 league goals, and 6 assists. Vidosic was the X factor of Adelaide who often lit up the A-League last season with his technique, close control and lethal finishing from midfield. The team finished 4th and had a finals appearance unfortunately losing to Queensland Roar, who were on the hunt for an unprecedented A-League three-peat with a 2-1 elimination win at Hindmarsh Stadium. The Reds will look to build on from a disappointing night and have already been active in the transfer market to help the team strengthen. Dario will now play alongside Spanish duo Cirio and Isaías in a creative attacking midfield, as well as having Terek Elrich bombing down the right flank from defence.
 
I am certainly looking forward to seeing how new head coach Josep Gombau will set up the team as he certainly has the weapons to make The Reds championship contenders.
Vidosic, will no doubt play a big role once again this season as he looks to book his flight to Rio as a player, not a spectator. It was made clear when interviewing Dario, that not only did he have one eye on Rio, but he is focused on the task at hand with The Reds as well.
"It's definitely important to continue to improve. I personally set myself goals and would like to better last season. Then hopefully that can help achieve our team goals we set as well."
 
Dario obviously is keen to impress on all fronts this season, so it will be very interesting to see just what changes he has made to his game. So make sure you're keeping a close eye on Vidosic from game one, because this is a player on the rise - ready for the challenge ahead.
 
I contacted Dario about answering some questions for our fans shortly after our chat, I wanted to get some insight for the fans on what goes on behind the scenes in Dario's life, and just how he reflects on his career. Here is what he had to say:
 
Q) You've had some special moments as a player, would you say your debut goal for the Socceroos against New Zealand was the top highlight?
"That is definitely up there, but there are so many other great ones. Debut and goal for the Brisbane Roar on first day of season, NT debut, the 2010 World Cup, Playing against Bayern Munich, gaining promotion to Bundesliga, Qualifying for 2 world cups with the Socceroos. I am Lucky to have many great moments thus far"
 
Certainly a career with many highlights, but it wasn't all good. He did have a period in Germany when things just didn't go his way injury wise.
Q) Your spell in Germany was unfortunately plagued with injuries, reflect on how tough that was as a young player just looking to make a name for himself. What would your advice be to a younger Dario, looking back at it now?
" If I could do it again I probably would have stayed a year or two longer. I think the key is to play against fully grown men and have a longer off season to develop more physically to compete at that level. Looking back, that could have prevented a few injuries."
 
Vidosic did manage to score a winner on live TV for Nuremberg after coming back from one of those injuries - after which he had his most famous moment in front of his German fans. He laughed just before he answered as well, clearly still in good spirits about his time at Nuremberg
Q) A lot of people don't know this, but you're the master of the "half English half German" conversation! Just how hard was it, learning a new language and relocating?
"That interview got me a bit of popularity, Denglish they called it! But they were happy I was trying. It was live on TV , I had just Scored the winner and was probably still excited from that and confident!
But yes, it's hard to adapt but it's a nice challenge learning the language"
 
After getting Dario to open up and have a laugh I just had to ask him the question all fans want to know.
Q) Out of every player you have ever played with, who had the best dressing room banter?
"That's also a good question, and because I am in camp with him now I would have to say Archie Thompson. Very funny guy and great person as well."
 
I had to ask Dario, his thoughts on all things A-League All Stars as at the time both the Manchester United game and Liverpool game had been played.
Q) Do you like the idea of the FFA cup & All-stars game every year?
"I do, I like the idea of both. The FFA cup would be great and I hope it gets brought in. The Manchester United game showed how great the All-stars idea was as well."
 
Surely if the Socceroos had not been in camp, and playing against South Korea that night - Vidosic would have had a chance to play against the likes of Evra, Van Persie and Giggs. Which brought me to my next question.
Q) As an attacker, who was the hardest opponent you have come across and why?
"I have played against many and all are a different challenge. However, I will say Daniel Van Buyten. He is a very big and tough defender."
 
Dario isn't the only Vidosic in the league, his father had been a big name in Australian league football before the A-League was even formed. Rado is currently Frank Farina's assistant coach at Sydney FC.
Q) Your father is very well respected in the Australian football community, would you say his presence and name is added pressure for you to build your own legacy?
"I don't think so, I'm very proud of my dad and he will definitely be achieving much more in his career as well. I always want to achieve more and push myself to be better everyday. I don't compete with anyone and definitely not against my dad. However, If we ever coach against each other then yes, for sure!"
 
After a long chat our time was almost up, so I asked him a couple of simple questions my readers would like to know.
Q) Growing up, or even during your professional career, which player did you model your game around or inspire to be more like? And outside of football, what sports or hobbies do you have?
"I followed and watched a lot of football and tried to copy things from a lot of great players. Away from football, I don't mind a bit of mixing - I'm a bit of a DJ. Also when I get a chance I ride dirt bikes, and for sport shoot some hoops"
 
Dario thanked me for my time, but really, all the thanks and credit has to go to Dario. He was an absolute legend for doing this interview for E-Football - and I am glad you all get to see the side of Dario that we don't get a chance to see on our TV screens. Please make sure to thank Dario Vidosic for his time by Tweeting him @dvidosic10
 
For more insight and if you have any questions, please comment below or tweet me @StivieKay
 
Until next time,
 
Stivie Krstanoski
 
Comment on this article below.

Other e-Football Sites:
 
e-Football:
Site -
www.efootballnet.blogspot.com
Twitter Feed - www.twitter.com/e_footballnet
Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/pages/E-football/529821593719736
Forum -
www.e-football.freeforums.net

e-Spurs:
Site -
www.espurs.blogspot.com
Twitter Feed - www.twitter.com/e_spurs
Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/pages/E-SPURS/164631843709508

e-Manchester United:
Twitter Feed -
www.twitter.com/e_ManUtd
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/e-Manchester-United/202927566530790

e-Arsenal:
Twitter Feed -
www.twitter.com/e_arsenalnet

e-Crystal Palace:
Twitter Feed -
www.twitter.com/e_crystalpalace

© e-Football 2013 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Football

6 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    great articleagain stivie!

    Im a Sydney fan and also remember seeing Dario's dad play so happy to have him at my club.

    Really great that a site is focussing attention on A-League and hopefully this will help boost the profile of the game.

    looking forward to the next article

    Benny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Benny! Got an interview with Sterjovski lined up so it will continue to focus on the players and league.

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Love reading about players away from the game and what they do.

    I just hope that next time the All Stars and Socceroos games don't clash so that more stars get to play for both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to hear Dario say his toughest opponent was Daniel Van Buyten! TBH I can understand why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deano

      Yeah mate took me by surprise until I remembered just how big he was!

      Delete
  4. Another great interview, terrific insight and very informative :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.